Monday, May 17, 2021

White Lines

Written by Melvin Glover and Sylvia Robinson
Performed by Grand Master Flash and Melle Mel

Rock

Bass

Vision dreams of passion
(Blowin' through my mind)
And all the while I think of you

A very strange reaction
(For us to unwind)
The more I see, the more I do
(Something of a phenomenon) Baby
(Tellin' your body to come along)
(But, white lines blow away)

Ticket to ride
'White Line Highway'
Tell all your friends
They can go my way
Pay your toll, sell your soul
Pound-for-pound
Costs more than gold

The longer you stay
The more you pay
My white lines go a long way
Either up your nose
Or through your vein
With nothin' to gain, except killin' your brain

Freeze
Rock
Freeze
Rock
Freeze
Rock
Freeze
Rock

Higher, baby
(Ahhh) Get higher, baby
(Ahhh) Get higher, baby
And don't ever come down

Pure as the driven snow
(Connected to my mind)
And now I'm havin' fun, baby

It's getting kinda low
('Cause it makes you feel so nice)
I need some one-on-one, baby

Baby
(And go into your little hideaway)
('Cause white lines blow away)

A million magic crystals
Painted pure and white
A multi-million dollars
Almost overnight

Twice as sweet as sugar
Twice as gritted as salt
And if you get hooked, baby
It's nobody else's fault, so don't do it

Freeze
Rock
Freeze
Rock
Freeze
Rock
Freeze
Rock

Higher, baby
(Ahhh) Get higher, baby
(Ahhh) Get higher, baby
And don't ever come down

Don't you get too high, baby
(Turns you on)
You really turn me on and on
('Cause you gonna come down)
My temperature is risin'
(When the thrill is gone)
No, I don't want you to go

A street kid gets arrested
Gonna do some time
He got out three years from now
Just to commit more crime

A businessman is caught
With 24 kilos
He's out on bail and out of jail
And that's the way it goes

Raah

Cane
Sugar
Cane

Athletes rejected
Governors corrected
Gangsters, thugs and smugglers
Are thoroughly respected

The money gets divided
The women get excited
Now I'm broke and it's no joke
It's hard as hell to fight it, don't buy it

Freeze
(Ha, ha, ha)
Rock
Freeze
Rock
Freeze
Rock
Freeze
Rock
Freeze
Rock
Freeze
Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment